The BankLink Service is provided by Media Transfer Services Limited (ABN 15 274 466 060) of 9th Floor, 45 Queen Street, Auckland, New Zealand.
What information do we collect about you?
It will normally be clear when personal information is being collected. We may collect personal and confidential information about you when you register with us for any of our products or services. We may also collect personal information when you voluntarily complete customer surveys, register for newsletters, provide feedback, apply for a job with us and through material you may provide to us to enable us to carry out our service to you. Such personal information may consist of the following:
- your title, forename and surname;
- your billing address and country;
- your phone, mobile and email details;
- your bank account details and signature;
- your marketing communication preferences.
Finally generic usage information may also be collected when you browse our website, which may be collected using cookies (see Cookies section below).
How will we use your information?
We may collect, store and use the personal and confidential information listed above for the following purposes:
- to provide The BankLink Service to you and tailor it to your individual needs;
- to manage your account with us including processing details of transactions, identifying you when you contact us and notify you about changes to our services;
- to process a job application
- to fulfil our legal requirements; and
- to contact you about other products and/or services we think may be of interest to you, subject to your consent.
To provide The BankLink Service we will require your signature on an authority form (which demonstrates your consent) to submit to your bank or financial institution. When the bank or financial institution approves this request, we shall electronically collect a read-only feed of transactions for the specified account as they appear on your statement. This information is then provided onto your nominated accountant, adviser or information provider (as detailed on the authority form).
We will not disclose, sell or rent your personal information to any third party outside of Media Transfer Services Limited and our service partners, other than to process a job application or to comply with legal requirements.
You have a right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes.
We would like to send you information about products, events and services of ours that may be of interest to you. If you have consented to receive marketing, you can opt out at any time at a later date.
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please follow the instructions at the footer of any communication from BankLink or contact us requesting that we no longer contact you for marketing purposes using the addresses provided in the "How to contact us" section below.
- recognise you when you return to our websites;
- tailor content appropriately; and
- track visitor usage patterns which is then used to compile statistical reports on website activity.
However, you may change your website browser settings to reject cookies, although please note that if you do this it may impair the functionality of our websites. As the means by which you can do this vary from web browser to web browser, please refer to your web browser's help menu for further information.
Access to your information and correction
You have the following rights in respect of your personal information:
- The right to request a copy of some or all of the information we hold about you. This service is free unless the information you request requires significant research or preparation time. Before we act upon requests of this nature, we will tell you how much this service will cost.
- The right to ask us to update and correct any information which you think is out-of-date or inaccurate. We will do this free of charge.
- The right to opt out of any marketing communications that we may send you.
If you would like to do any of the above, please contact us making such request using the addresses provided in the "How to contact us" section below.
How do we protect your information?
The security measures we put in place to protect your information and to deliver The BankLink Service are regularly audited by the banks and financial institutions to ensure we meet the required security standards. Only then is access authorised to the read only feed of statement information.
BankLink will never ask you for your internet login, PIN or passwords.
How long do we keep your information?
We keep information only as long as is necessary for the purpose for which such personal information was collected (such as, without limitation, to provide The BankLink Service or to deal with job applications) or to fulfil our legal requirements.
Third Party websites
How to contact us
Phone: 1800 123 242
Fax: 1800 123 807
Or write to us at: BankLink, Privacy Officer, GPO Box 4608, Sydney NSW, Australia